This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Chicken, buffalo sauce, and cheese sandwiched between two pieces of Texas toast creates the best grilled cheese sandwich ever!
- 1 large chicken breast – shredded
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce – I used Texas Pete Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese dressing (you could also use ranch dressing)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices Texas toast
- Mix shredded chicken, hot sauce, mayo, and blue cheese dressing in a small bowl.
- Heat your pan on medium heat.
- I placed two slices of Texas toast on the pan and heated one side for about 30 seconds to melt the butter. Then I flipped them over to the other side.
- Sprinkle enough cheese to cover one slice of bread, top cheese with the chicken salad, sprinkle with more cheese and top with the other slice of bread.
- Grill and flip until each side is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
This recipe was even better than I expected it to be – It was AMAZING!! I loved the combination of buffalo chicken with the Texas toast. This was the first time I used Texas toast to make a grilled cheese sandwich and it is going to be hard to make one with wheat bread the next time. It really makes the sandwich taste so much better.