Last week I made my usual Friday stop at Starbucks and saw that they now have a BLT Chicken Salad Sandwich. How have I never thought to add bacon, lettuce, and tomato to chicken salad??
BLT Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 3 cups shredded/diced chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tomato – diced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 6–8 strips of cooked turkey bacon – crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add chicken, yogurt and mayo together in a bowl and mix. Add poultry seasoning, lettuce, tomato, and bacon. Continue to mix together. Add salt and pepper and mix one final time.
Now you could continue to try and eat healthy and serve it on wheat bread but I prefer potato rolls. Those are my favorite and since I feel like I cut calories with the greek yogurt and turkey bacon, why not splurge on the bread:)
Definitely my new favorite way to eat chicken salad.
And later in the afternoon we were going to a friends house for a cookout so I decided to take the leftovers along as a dip. I served it with crackers and it was just as good.
Now, I can’t decide what I like better!