What do you get when you add apples and pears to a salad full of fresh veggies? A delicious Autumn Chopped Salad. Can you ever go wrong with a salad that includes bacon, pecans, blue cheese, and dried cranberries? I don’t think so!
This is my new favorite salad and I can’t believe I’ve waited this long to add apples and pears to a big salad full of veggies and delicious toppings. The Autumn Chopped Salad comes full of fresh ingredients chopped into bite sized pieces. Then it’s topped with a Maple Dijon Vinaigrette that covers every bite. I’m telling you all right now – this salad is full of flavor that will leave you wanting more. But don’t worry, you’ll have plenty left over.
Just look at all those tasty salad toppings!
The ingredients in this salad make it perfect for fall. Crisp apples and ripe pears are mixed together with lettuce, tomato and cucumber. Then topped with pecans, dried cranberries, blue cheese and bacon. I’m having a hard time deciding what I love the most about this salad. I love any salad with blue cheese and dried cranberries. And, I love the sweetness of the apples and pears; but the bacon is definitely what makes this salad.
Autumn Chopped Salad
- 8 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 apples, chopped
- 2 pears, chopped
- 5 slices Applewood Smoked Wright Brand Bacon, cooked
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup blue cheese
Maple Dijon Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pear, and apple to large bowl.
- Break Wright Brand Bacon into small pieces and sprinkle over salad. Add pecans, dried cranberries, and blue cheese.
- Whisk vinaigrette ingredients together in small bowl. Drizzle over salad and toss well.
This is the perfect combination of sweet and salty. Sweet fruit and dried cranberries paired with LOTS of bacon and blue cheese!