Baby Oat Muffins – muffins packed full of fresh fruits and tons of flavor! These moist muffins are perfect for babies transitioning to solid food.
Easton is finally eating more solid food. The transition from baby food to solid food has taken a little longer than I thought it would. I was really concerned but his pediatrician assured me it was fine and said that he’s just lazy and enjoys being fed. I thought that was kind of funny because Easton would definitely prefer that I feed him over feeding himself. I was mostly concerned that he wasn’t developing the fine motor skills needed to pick things up with his fingers so we’ve been working hard to eat more solid food.
I’ve been experimenting with recipes that are baby friendly and easy for Easton to pick up. So I made these Apple Strawberry Banana Baby Oat Muffins and I must admit they taste really good. We’ve all been eating them for breakfast and most importantly, Easton loves them! I break them up into small pieces and he has no problem eating an entire muffin.
These muffins are moist and full of flavor. Perfect for baby’s transitioning to finger foods. They’re even great for older kids. Connor loves anything with strawberries so I knew he’d eat them right up.
Apple Strawberry Banana Baby Oat Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 ounces baby food
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup strawberries, diced
- 1/2 cup diced apple
- 1/2 banana, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients in medium bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix egg, milk, baby food, and apple sauce.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together. Add strawberries, apples, banana to batter.
- Spoon into muffin cups, filling about 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.