This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
This cold brew coffee cocktail is a delicious drink that’s perfect for brunch or dessert! It’s rich and creamy with a strong coffee flavor and a hint of peanut and cinnamon. If you love cold brew coffee, peanut butter whiskey and RumChata, you are going to love this delicious Cold Brew Cocktail.
My sister first introduced me to cold brew coffee a few years ago and I’ve been hooked ever since. I love the convenience of having cold brew in my fridge for easy coffee drinks and now I can use it to make this delicious Cold Brew Cocktail.
This coffee cocktail combines all of my favorite flavors in one drink – cold brew coffee, cinnamon, and peanut butter. What’s not to love about that?! Not only is this cocktail super easy to make but it’s perfect for lots of fun occasions like brunches, baby and bridal showers, dinner parties or if you just want a coffee cocktail after a busy day.
What Is Cold Brew Coffee?
Cold brew coffee is different than simply adding ice to freshly brewed coffee. To make cold brew, coarsely ground coffee beans are steeped in room-temperature water for 12-24 hours. It’s very important to let the coffee steep for at least 12 hours so it has time to infuse into the water. Once it’s done steeping, the grounds are filtered out and you’re left with a coffee concentrate that’s rich and flavorful. Serve over ice with milk or cream and enjoy your cup of joe.
Peanut Butter Cold Brew Cocktail Ingredients
- Cold Brew Coffee – I’m using a store bought cold brew but if you have homemade on hand, feel free to use that.
- Peanut Butter Whiskey – Adds a rich nutty flavor that pairs deliciously with the cinnamon in the Rumchata.
- RumChata – Adds a creamy, cinnamon flavor to the cocktail.
- Half-and-Half – Adds a little bit more creaminess to the cocktail.
How to Make this delicious Cold Brew Cocktail
There are two ways to make this cold brew cocktail. To serve on the rocks, fill a tall glass with ice. Add the cold brew, RumChata, Screwball, and half-and-half. Stir to combine. Top with whipped cream and a pinch of cinnamon. Enjoy immediately.
To serve served up or straight up, fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the cold brew, RumChata, Screwball, and half-and half. Shake vigorously until chilled– about 30 seconds. Strain into glasses and garnish with a pinch of cinnamon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use decaffeinated cold brew coffee?
Absolutely! If you’re worried about this cocktail keeping you up at night or can’t have caffeine, use decaf cold brew.
What can I use instead of RumChata?
If you don’t like Rumchatta, this cocktail would taste great with Kahlua or Godiva chocolate liqueur.
Can I make this cocktail ahead of time?
This cocktail can definitely be made ahead of time. Mix cold brew with RumChata, screwball and half and half in pitcher or large mason jar. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Pour over ice when ready to serve.
Peanut Butter Cold Brew Cocktail with RumChata
- 6 ounces cold brew coffee
- 1.5 ounce Rumchata
- 1.5 ounce Screwball peanut butter whiskey
- splash half-and-half
- whipped cream, cinnamon, and/or chopped peanuts for garnish
- Served On the Rocks: Fill a tall glass with ice. Add cold brew, RumChata, screwball, and half-and-half to glass. Stir to combine. Top with whipped cream and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Served Up: Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add cold brew, RumChata, screwball, and half-and half to shaker. Shake vigorously until chilled (about 30 seconds). Strain into glasses and garnish with a pinch of cinnamon.