This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Celebrate mom this year and create the perfect Mother’s day gift with these awesome Mother’s Day handprint printables. A fun way to create a keepsake gift that every mom will love!
If you love handprint art as much as I do, you’re going to love these Mothers Day handprint printables. Not only will mom love these as a gift but she will cherish the keepsake forever!
These handprint printables are perfect for kids of all ages especially toddlers and preschool children. Create adorable handprint crafts in minutes with these free printables.
Mother’s Day Handprint Art Free Printables
This awesome collection of Mother’s Day Handprint Printables includes 8 free printables.
- Create a butterfly with two handprints – “Thanks for helping me spread my wings and fly.”
- Add two handprints to complete the phrase – “I love you to the moon and back.”
- Complete the saying “I love you mom” with one handprint.
- Create a heart with two handprints – “I love you with my whole heart.”
- Use one hand print to make a bee – “I’m as lucky as can bee, the best mom belongs to me!”
- Create a fun flamingo with one handprint – “Mom, you’re flamazing.”
- Place multiple handprints in a circle to create a sun – “Mom, you are my sunshine.”
- Create a handprint flower – “Thank you for helping me grow.”
Fun Ways to Use These Free Mother’s Day Printables
- Use these free printables to create gifts for moms, grandmothers, aunts, and other family members.
- Teachers, use these free printables in your classroom and create one-of-a-kind artwork that mom will love.
- Add to a larger piece of paper and create Mother’s Day cards.
- Footprints can also be used with most of these designs to create fun footprint keepsakes.
How to Create Handprint Art
- First, gather your craft supplies. You will need a paintbrush, acrylic paint and white paper. I recommend using cardstock.
- Next, print out the free printables (download the printable templates below).
- Add paint to your child’s hand using the paintbrush. Gently press their hand down onto the paper.
- Let the paint dry and you have a great gift for mom.
Tips for Printing Printables So They Always Look Fantastic!
After downloading and saving the printable PDF file, it’s time to print your free printables. Here are five tips you can use to help your printouts look their best.
Invest in a good home printer – I have an Epson Expression Wireless Color Printer that I currently use to print my printables and I’m very happy with it.
Preview before printing – Make sure to select Print Preview before printing to make sure part of the printable isn’t cut off. I usually selet “Scale to Fit Paper” in my printer settings to make sure everything prints out correctly.
Choose the right paper – For best results, we recommend printing this printable on white cardstock. When I’ve tried to print on regular printer paper I found that the ink causes the paper to wrinkle a little especially if the printable requires a lot of ink. Card stock is thicker paper that is better for printables that you want to use over and over again like this printable game.
Use a professional printing service – I also recommend using a professional printing service to get the best quality. I go to Office Depot or Staples a lot to print my printables. I’ve also used Shutterfly and Walgreens to print large printables. Most printables use a lot of ink so it may even save you money to get them professionally printed.
Laminate them – Laminating printables will help them last longer especially if it’s something you want to use over and over again. I’m a little obsessed with laminating things and thanks to my handy dandy laminator, I can laminate anything right at home. You’ll also need laminating sheets.
How to Download these Free Handprint Printables
I’ve made it so easy to download this freebie. Just add your name and email in the form below and this FREE digital download will be delivered right to your inbox.
This will also sign you up for my weekly e-newsletter so you’ll have access to exclusive freebies and more. Once you’ve received the email, all you have to do is open the PDF and save it to your computer. It’s that easy!
Personal Use Only
This free printable is for personal use only. When you download a freebie on this website, it is licensed for personal use. Digital reselling, sharing, redistributing of the files is NOT allowed. In order to share, use the direct URL to this page.
If you use these with your kids, please tag us on Facebook or Instagram – @karacreatesblog. We love to see your finished masterpieces.