Apple Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread ~ A quick and easy monkey bread recipe made with apples and cinnamon rolls topped with icing. A great breakfast for weekends and holidays!
Let’s just be honest – can you go wrong with any recipe that calls for cinnamon rolls? I don’t think so either!
We had family visiting for spring break and I wanted a fun breakfast that I knew everyone would love so I literally threw this recipe together in a matter of minutes – because who doesn’t love monkey bread? But not just any monkey bread – this monkey bread includes apples and pecans. All I can say is YUM!
The combination of cinnamon rolls covered in cinnamon and sugar with apples, and pecans. What’s not to love about all that? And this recipe is so easy to throw together. I love that you can just toss all the ingredients together in a ziplock bag and mix it right in the bag.
Monkey Bread is the perfect breakfast recipe for a crowd and has become our favorite weekend breakfast. I’ll be honest, we ate it for breakfast and dessert – and I might have eaten it for an afternoon snack. It just so good that I can’t stop eating it.
How to make Apple Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
Okay, my friends – this recipe is so easy to make. All you have to do is toss together apples and cinnamon rolls in a ziplock bag with cinnamon and sugar to make sure everything is evenly coated. Throw in some chopped pecans if you want to and add to a bundt pan. Do you know what that means? Less dishes to clean.
Then drizzle with melted butter and bake in the oven. Once the monkey bread is baked through let cool for a few minutes before aadding reserved icing to the top of the monkey bread.
Looking for more delicious breakfast recipes? I think you’ll love these:Print
Caramel Apple Sticky Bun Monkey Bread
- 2 cans (17.5 oz each) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 2 medium apples, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Set aside icing tubs from cinnamon rolls. Separate each can of dough into 5 rolls. Cut each cinnamon roll into quarters.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon in large plastic food bag. Add biscuit pieces, diced apple, and pecans to bag. Shake to coat evenly.
- Carefully add everything in bag to bundt pan.
- Drizzle melted butter evenly over dough in bundt pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in the center. Remove the bread from the oven and allow it to cool for at least 5 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate.
- Drizzle reserved icing over top of monkey bread.
- To eat, pull apart and enjoy. This is best served warm.
To prepare the night before, follow steps 2-5. Cover and Refrigerate over night. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center is cooked and no longer doughy.