Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs
If you love easy slow cooker recipes, you’re going to love this recipe for Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs. This delicious crock pot meal is the perfect make ahead appetizer or family dinner for every night of the week!
Servings: 10 servings
- 32 oz bag of frozen meatballs
- 12 oz (1 can) of pineapple chunks, drained (reserve juice)
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice (from drained pineapple chunks)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Rice for serving
- Green onion for garnishing, optional
Add meatballs to the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker.
Drain the juice from the pineapple chunks into a measuring cup. Add enough water to equal one and half cups of liquid.
Add pineapples, peppers, juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, and ketchup to slow cooker. Stir well to combine all ingredients.
Cook for 3 hours on high, stirring periodically.
When cooking time has elapsed, add in cornstarch and mix gently to combine fully. Cook for another 30 minutes, on high.
When cooking time is complete, remove from the slow cooker using a serving spoon and serve immediately. Serve on a bed of rice and top with chopped green onions (optional).
- Refrigerate all leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 4 days after cooking.
- The meatballs do not need to be thawed before adding to slow cooker.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 311mg | Potassium: 468mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 848IU | Vitamin C: 81mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg