Strawberry Shortcake Parfaits
- 1 box yellow cake mix + ingredients to make cake
- 1 pint strawberries
- 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare cake according to package directions. Let cool. Cut into one inch squares.
- Slice strawberries and set aside
- Add whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla to bowl. Mix on high speed until soft peaks form.
- To assemble parfaits, alternate layers of cake, whipped cream, and strawberry slices.