Does your family have a favorite sports team? Do you want an easy and fun way to show off your favorite team? I’ve got the perfect solution for you! Today we’re showing off our team spirit with fathead.
If my husband was in charge of decorating our home it would look like the New York Giants locker room. Luckily, I decorated Connor’s bedroom in all New York Giants just so we had a place to hang up all his NY Giants stuff. This was the perfect compromise since he doesn’t have a man cave and I don’t want any Giants stuff in our living room.
When decorating Connor’s room, we painted a football field on one wall and placed a New York Giants helmet Fathead right in the center of the wall. It was the finishing touch we needed for Connor’s NY Giants football room. We loved Fathead then and we love them even more now!
Because guess what I just finished making?
Isn’t it awesome?! It’s Fathead’s Personalized Name Football decal and it’s available in all the NFL team colors.
I love that we were able to personalize it with our last name. It’s perfect for our NY Giants lovin’ family. Hubby has already texted a picture out to his friends and now they all want one.
Since we are military and moving in a few years, I decided to adhere the Fathead to a thin piece of wood. I just headed to my local hardware store and purchased the cheapest piece of wood I could find. I found a piece of underlayment for $8.97 and had it cut to 44 inches by 39 inches. I was going to stain it but then I decided it looked great without any stain. I simply sanded the edges and adhered the Fathead. And voila – it was done!
Look how great it looks hung on the wall.
We actually hung this up in Connor’s playroom because there wasn’t a wall big enough in his bedroom. I LOVE the way it turned out and I’m super excited that we’ll be able to take it with us when we have to move. This is also a perfect solution if you’re renting.
What I learned from hanging our new Fathead decal:
- Read the directions first. This is such an important tip. I teach my students an entire unit about following directions and this is the most important step. Read ALL of the steps before starting with the first step.
- Tape the decal to the wall using painters tape.
- Use a level to make sure the image is aligned before applying.
- Ask for help especially if your applying a large Fathead. My hubby helped me with this and I highly recommend having two people. It made the job much easier.
- Use a credit card to rub the decal before removing the paper backing.
- Peel carefully. Do not rush this. You need to work slowly when removing the paper backing.
- You will LOVE your new all decor! I had no idea how much I would love our new Fathead until it was hanging up.
These tips will come in handy if you’re a perfectionist like me. Hubby knows this about me so he assisted and was very patient with me. I was so nervous about messing it up but once we finished, I realized that I was stressing for no reason. They’re easy to install if you take your time and work slowly.
I also ordered my hubby a New York Giants Dry Erase Calendar. I just won wife of the year for this one. He turned our garage into a home gym and he’s excited to hang this out there to keep track of his daily workouts. This bad boy is huge! We will be hanging it this weekend and I’ll be sure to post a picture to Instagram for you all to see. I can tell you that the calendar is almost as tall as me. I can also add important dates and reminders to his calendar so he has no excuses for forgetting anything ever again. Genius right?!
So what are you waiting for? Head over to Fathead and check out all their awesome products. There are so many fun wall decals to choose from, you’ll have a hard time choosing just one. But that’s ok – just order a few.