This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
I spent Sunday afternoon organizing my husband’s closet. I found this awesome closet organizer at Walmart that helped motivate me. What I love most about it is that it’s portable so when we move, we can take it with us.
After spending the day organizing, I thought it would be fun to share a few closet organizing tips and tricks that will make your life so much easier.
Source: Life Hackable
1. I’ve seen this on Pinterest a lot and finally decided to do it. Let’s see how many things I never wear. I have a feeling it’s a lot.
Source: One Good Thing by Jillee
2. I love these ideas for No-Slip Hangers. But first, I need to invest in all new hangers. Mine are all mismatched and old.
Source: Alex Haralson
3. Use a wooden dowel or PVC piping and some string to create a double clothes rack. Alex you’re brilliant!
4. Create space saving clothes hangers using soda tabs or chain.
Source: Wayside Sacraments
5. I love this idea especially the idea of using drapery rings to hang hats and gloves.
6. Use pool noodles to keep your boots from falling over. Not only does this help your closet look neater but it will keep your boots from flopping over.
7. Tension rods to the rescue! How awesome is this? Use them to hold all your shoes. I definitely need to do this ASAP!!
Source: The Baloney Bug
8. Use the back of closet doors. I have a few shoe organizers on the back of doors but I think I might like this idea better. This would be perfect in Connor’s bedroom.
9. Use every inch of your closet. Last summer I took out the one long rod from my closet and placed two rods on one side and one on the other side. This allowed me to use all that empty space in my closet and gave me so much more room. I then placed a dresser and shelves in my closet. I was worried that I wouldn’t have enough space to hang my clothes but I actually had room for more clothes.
Source: Sawdust and Embryos
10. Add extra shelves to the empty space in your closet. This might be a little time consuming but so worth the effort. I love the idea of adding an extra shelf to the top of the closet. I need to do this in my closet.
What other organizing tips and tricks have you discovered that help keep your closet organized?